Delicious ripe pears, a creamy vegan coconut milk caramel and a touch of crunch from our gluten-free granola... Here's a recipe for a snack, or dessert that marries textures beautifully.
2 to 4 Bosc pears
2 tbsp of coco oil
¾ cup of sugar
1 can full fat coconut milk (398ml)
2 tsp of vanilla extract
Coconut and cocoa granola, to taste
1. Cut each pear lengthwise in half and remove the seeds with a small spoon.
2. In a non-stick pan, melt the coconut oil onto low heat and grill the pears, flesh side down.
3. Remove from heat and add all the remaining ingredients except the granola in the pan.
4. With a wooden spoon, mix the mixture and let it simmer while stirring constantly until it thickens.
5. A luscious caramel should form.
6. This former step should take 10 minutes.
7. Serve the pears with the hot caramel and some granola for extra crunch.