Prepare this fruity snack in just a few minutes, for your cravings at any time of the day.
It can be enjoyed as a main snack, paired with our Salted Caramel granola for a touch of crunch.
You can also add a generous spoonful of this compote on top of your bowl of Maple and Pecan Oatmeal!
- 4 Bosc pears
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 15 ml of cornstarch (optional)
- Oatbox Salted Caramel Granola
1. Peel the pears and cut into thin slices. In a saucepan, mix the pears, lime juice, vanilla and maple syrup.
2. Split the vanilla bean open lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add to the mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer over very low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. If the mixture is too liquid after cooking time, dilute cornstarch in 15 ml of water and incorporate to the boiling compote.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Add Oatbox Salted Caramel granola as a topping for an even tastier snack!