Is there anything more appetizing than a crusty vegan French toast with yogurt, maple syrup and granola? This 100% plant-based recipe is perfect for an impromptu brunch with family and friends.
1 cup of oat milk
5 ml of liquid vanilla
2 tsp of sugar
1 ripe banana
5 ml of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
6 to 8 slices of bread
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of Salted Caramel Granola, crushed
Plant-based yogurt and maple syrup to taste
1. Whisk together the oat milk, vanilla, sugar, banana and spices.
2. Allow the slices of bread to soak in the banana mixture for at least 5 minutes.
3. In a non-stick pan, melt half of the oil over medium-high heat.
4. Cook each slice of bread by topping with 1-2 tbsp of granola. Reduce heat, cover and allow the banana mixture to be completely cooked before removing from heat. It is possible to flip the slice of bread over by making sure the granola is firmly pressed into the banana mixture.
5. Keep the french toast warm while cooking all the slices. Serve with yogurt and maple syrup.