Here's a gourmet vegan waffles recipe that will take you right back to sugar time!
For the waffles:
3 cups of flour
½ cup of granulated sugar
3 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp of salt
¼ cup of canola oil
10 ml of vanilla extract
2 ½ cups of oat milk
For the caramel:
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of full-fat coconut milk
1 tbsp of molasses
5 ml of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of dark rum
For the topping:
1. In a large bol, mix together the flour, the sugar, the baking powder and salt.
2. In your electric mixer bowl or in another one, pour the oil, the oat milk and the vanilla extract.
3. Add the dry ingredients over the wet ones and whip the ingredients until the sec ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Preheat your waffle maker on the “classic” mode.
5. Add ½ cup of the batter by waffle and cook according to your iron’s instructions.
6. For the caramel, dissolve sugar with other ingredients in a saucepan.
7. Bring to a boil and cook until the caramel thickens and turns golden. Make sure to keep an eye on the mixture as it may double in size quickly.
8. Top the waffles with caramel and granola. You can also add some maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth. Enjoy!